Announcing the launch of the D35XB80 rated current 35 A bridge diode
Mar. 9, 2020
The newly developed D35XB80 has the same appearance as the standard 5S package of insulated SIP single-phase bridge diodes but achieves a new maximum rated current of 35 A.
A new "5S GEN2" structure is used in order to improve heat dissipation performance. A renovation of the internal structures has achieved terminal temperatures of 100℃ or lower (*1) even when average forward current IF (AV) = 35 A, while also maintaining a surge forward current IFSM of 550 A.
The increased current capacity makes this bridge diode suitable for high performance, large scale air conditioners and other applications which require high power operation.
We plan to continue to develop and release more next generation bridge diodes using "5S GEN2" going forward.
*1: With 25℃ water cooled heat dissipation fins attached
- Figure 1 ：Terminal temperature measurement results
*Average forward current IF (AV) = 35 A (actual measured value)
- Insulated SIP single-phase bridge diodes
- Average forward current IF (AV) = 35 A (Tc = 93℃)
- Repetitive peak reverse voltage VRRM = 800 V
- Surge forward current IFSM = 550 A (50 Hz), 603 A (60 Hz)
- Reverse recovery time trr = 27 μs (max.)
- Thermal resistance Rth (j - c) = 0.8℃/W (max.)
- Isolation voltage Vdis = 2.5 kV (UL1557 certified)
3.External Dimensions Diagram (units: mm) and Equivalent Circuit Diagram
- Figure 2：External dimensions diagram（5S package）
- Figure 3：Equivalent circuit diagram
Lumphun Shindengen Co., Ltd. (Thailand) etc.
・The content of these materials may be changed at any time without prior notice for product improvements or other reasons.
・Our company shall not be held responsible or liable for any damages, or infringement of patents or other rights which occur as a result of the use of these materials.
・Reproduction of any portion of these materials without prior written authorization is strictly prohibited.
* The contents listed are as of Mar. 9, and revised as of Mar.19, 2020.
Please note that the information contained in releases is current as of the date of press announcement, but may be subject to change without prior notice.