Shindengen Electric Manufacturing Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”) considers it an important responsibility to appropriately manage information that enables idenfitication of particular individuals through names, addresses, company names, email addresses, phone numbers, etc., and also personal identification codes (hereinafter referred to as “Personal Information”). The Company strives to process Personal Information properly by complying with laws and ordinances as well as its internal regulations related to Personal Information.
Scope of Application
Compliance with Relevant Laws and Ordinances, Guidelines, Etc.
In processing Personal Information and Anonymously Processed Information, the Company complies with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information as well as other laws and ordinances related to Personal Information and privacy protection, relevant government and ministerial orders, guidelines, and the like.
Security Control Measures
The Company establishes internal regulations and organizations to prevent the leakage, loss, and damage of personal data and to process it appropriately.
When the retention period which is prescribed by laws and ordinances expires or if the Company no longer needs to process such information, it discards it promptly.
The Company provides its executives, employees, etc. who process Personal Information with training and information to protect it.
Acquisition of Personal Information
The Company obtains Personal Information mainly through its website, various events such as exhibitions, and transactions. When it obtains Personal Information, it discloses in advance necessary information such as Personal Information items it intends to collect (such as names, addresses, company names, affiliations, official position names, email addresses, and phone numbers), purposes of use, and customer service contact information for complaints and inquiries, and strives to obtain the individuals’ consent. If Personal Information includes so-called “special care-required Personal Information” such as race and creed, the Company does not obtain Personal Information without the consent of the individuals concerned unless otherwise permitted by laws and ordinances. The Company complies with applicable statutory duties of confirmation and record keeping if it receives Personal Information from third parties.
Use of Personal Information
The Company uses Personal Information within the scope of the purposes of use of Personal Information below. The Company may use such Personal Information to collect statistical data in order to improve its business, services, etc., without identifying specific individuals.
Purposes of Use of Personal Information
Purposes of Use of Personal Information
(1)Customers’ Personal Information(2)Business partners’ Personal Information
- Delivery of products purchased and provision of maintenance and support
- Improvement of services as well as surveys, analysis, and planning for the development of better products, etc.
- Announcements on new products and events such as exhibitions and seminars, as well as the provision of product and service information
- Response to customer requests and inquiries (such as requests for materials, inquiries about products, consultation)
- Agency for the Company’s business partners
- Communication, cooperation, and negotiations with customers as well as performance of contracts, requests for performance of contracts, etc.
- Management of appointments to visit the Company and its group companies and their history management
- Communication, cooperation, and negotiations with business partners as well as performance of contracts, requests for performance of contracts, etc. (3)Shareholders’ Personal Information
- Holding and recording of general shareholders meetings
- Provision of benefits to shareholders
- Communications with shareholders
- Shareholder management such as compiling shareholder data based on statutory standards (4)Personal information of customers who participate in events such as seminars and exhibitions
- Provision of event-related information
- Provision of new product information, etc. (5)Personal information of those who wish to join the Company
- Communication, provision of information, and screening
- Improvement of the Company’s website for those who wish to join (6)Other
- Communication, response management, delivery of related materials, etc.
- Purposes of use specified when obtaining Personal Information
Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
The Company does not provide Personal Information to third parties without obtaining the prior consent of the individuals concerned. In the cases set forth below, however, it may provide Personal Information to third parties without consent.
1. Where required by laws and ordinances
2. Where it is necessary to do so in order to protect the life, body, or property of individuals and it is difficult to obtain their consent
3. Where it is especially necessary to do so in order to improve public health or promote the sound development of children and it is difficult to obtain their consent
4. Where the Company needs to cooperate with state agencies, local governments, or persons entrusted thereby in performing affairs prescribed by laws and ordinances and there is a risk that obtaining their consent hinders the performance of such affairs
5. Where Personal Information is made open to the public in accordance with the provisions of the rules of the Personal Information Protection Commission
Outsourcing of Processing of Personal Information
The Company may outsource the processing of Personal Information it obtains to third parties to the extent necessary to achieve the purposes of use. In doing so, the Company ensures, mainly through contracts, etc., that contractors take appropriate security control measures with respect to the Personal Information. If the Company outsources the processing of Personal Information to third parties outside Japan, the Company will fulfill a statutory duty of keeping records, if applicable.
Joint Use of Personal Information
The Company may put the Personal Information it obtains to joint use within the scope of the above purposes of use as follows:
1. Information to be used jointly: Names, addresses, company names, affiliations, official position names, email addresses, phone numbers, and fax numbers
2. Scope of users: Companies in the Company’s group
3. Person responsible for joint use: Shindengen Electric Manufacturing
Disclosure, etc. of Retained Personal Information
Please click here for requests, inquiries and complaints about the notification or disclosure of the purposes of use of retained personal information, its correction or deletion for reason of not being factual, suspension of its use, suspension of provision to third parties.
* Unless otherwise specified, the Company assumes that Personal Information is provided in Japan. If Personal Information is provided from abroad, the Company strives to comply with Personal Information protection related laws and ordinances of the countries concerned.
With regard to customers who access the Company’s website from the European Economic Area (EEA) and the United Kingdom (UK), for the information disclosure in obtaining Personal Information, purposes of processing, and data subjects’ rights, please click here.
What are cookies?